Registered User Agreement
This Registered User Agreement ("Agreement") is between Adler University (the “University” or “we”) and you and your agents ("you") for the use of www.adler.edu, www.AdlerPedia.org, or another University website (the “Website”), including online services and interactive applications made available to you as a registered user of the Website (each, a “Service”). This Agreement allows you to access certain content, upload or otherwise submit content, and make use of advanced personalization features of the Website that are only accessible to registered users.
By completing the online registration process and checking the box "I have read and agree to the Registered User Agreement" on the registration page, and by using the Website, you accept and agree to be bound by all of the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement and any other agreement or document incorporated herein by reference. If you do not wish to accept the terms and conditions of this Agreement, do not proceed with the registration.
1. Access to Services
(a) The Services are only available to users who have registered using a username and password (collectively "Credentials”). You may create only one account/registration. When creating or updating your Credentials, you may provide the University with certain information such as your full legal name, address, email address or other contact information. You agree to promptly update any information that changes. You further represent and warrant that all information you provide to the University is current, accurate and complete.
(b) We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Website (or any portion thereof), and any service or material we provide on the Website, in our sole discretion without notice. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Services, parts of the Website, or the entire Website, to users, including registered users.
(c) Use or sharing of your Credentials with a non-registered user is prohibited, and your failure to comply will result in immediate suspension of your access to the Services. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Credentials, for ensuring that your Credentials and access are not used by anyone under the age of 13 and for all activities that occur under your Credentials. You agree to immediately notify the University at firstname.lastname@example.org in the event that (i) your Credentials are lost or stolen, or (ii) you become aware of any unauthorized use of your Credentials or of any other breach of security that might affect the Website or the Services. You also agree to ensure that you log out at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing the Services from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your Credentials or other personal information.
(d) In the event of a breach of security, you will remain liable for any unauthorized use of your Credentials until you update your Credentials. The University is in no way liable for any claims or losses of any kind related to the use or misuse of your Credentials due to the activities of third-parties outside of the University's control or due to your failure to maintain the confidentiality and security of your Credentials.
2. User Contributions
(a)The Website and Services allow users to post, submit, publish, display or transmit to other users or other persons (hereinafter “post”) content or materials (collectively “User Contributions”) on or through the Website. All User Contributions must comply with the content standards set forth in this Agreement.
(b) Any User Contribution you post to the Website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and may be visible by any user of the Website. By providing any User Contribution on the Website, you grant us, our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors and assigns, the non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable (except as otherwise provided herein) worldwide right to use, copy, reproduce, modify, perform, display, translate, reformat, distribute and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose.
(c) Except as otherwise provided on www.AdlerPedia.org (“AdlerPedia”), the materials and content made available on AdlerPedia (“AdlerPedia Content”) are dedicated to the public interest. AdlerPedia Content is subject to the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0) available at http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/legalco.... Any use of AdlerPedia Content is subject to the CC BY 4.0 license and you agree to abide by such license with respect to any use of AdlerPedia Content. Any User Contribution you post to www.AdlerPedia.org (“AdlerPedia”) is subject to the CC BY 4.0 license. By providing any User Contribution to AdlerPedia you agree that the User Contribution is subject to the CC BY 4.0 license and the University is authorized to append to the User Contribution a notice to such effect such as CC BY 4.0 or a graphical representation.
(d) You represent and warrant that:
- You own or control all rights in and to the User Contributions, have the right to grant the license granted above to us, our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors and assigns;
- With respect to User Contributions that you submit to AdlerPedia, you have the right to enter into and grant the CC BY 4.0 license; and
- All of your User Contributions do and will comply with this Agreement.
(e) You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Contribution you submit or contribute, and you, not the University, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy and appropriateness. We are not responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by you or any other user of the Website or the Services.
(f) All User Contributions will remain on the University Website and may be publicly available unless and until you request in writing that such User Contributions shall be removed. In no event will any User Contributions be returned to you.
3. Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination
(a) We have the right to:
- Remove or refuse to post any User Contributions for any or no reason in our sole discretion;
- Take any action with respect to any User Contribution that we deem necessary or appropriate in our sole discretion, including if we believe that such User Contribution violates this Agreement, including the content standards set forth herein and any documents incorporated herewith, infringes any intellectual property right or other right of any person or entity, threatens personal safety of users of the Website or the public or could create liability for the University;
- Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy;
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Website;
- Terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the Website for any or no reason, including without limitation, any violation of this Agreement.
(b) Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Website. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE UNIVERSITY AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS AND FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY ANY SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
(c) We cannot and do not undertake to review all material before it is posted on the Website, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications, or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
4. Content Standards
(a) These content standards apply to any and all User Contributions and use of the Services. User Contributions must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable;
- Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person;
- Violate the legal rights (including the rights of publicity and privacy) of others or contain any material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under applicable laws or regulations or that otherwise may be in conflict with this Agreement or any documents incorporated herein;
- Be likely to deceive any person;
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act;
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity of affiliation with any person or organization;
- Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes and other sales promotions, barter or advertising;
- Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case;
- Include any content which may be used for phishing or spreading malware.
5. Copyright Infringement
If you believe that any User Contributions violate your copyright, please see our Copyright Policy for instructions on sending us a notice of copyright infringement. It is the policy of the University to terminate the user accounts of repeat infringers.
6. No Assignment
This agreement is personal to you, and you may not assign your rights or obligations to anyone.
The University may notify you via postings on the Website and via email or any other means of communication through contact information you provide. All notices given by you or required from you under this Agreement must be in writing and addressed to:
Center for Adlerian Practice and Scholarship
17 N. Dearborn Street
Chicago, Illinois 60602
Any notices that you provide which do not comply with the above requirements will have no force or effect.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold the University, its Board of Trustees, directors, officers, shareholders, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, employees, contractors, suppliers and licensors harmless from and against any and all liability, losses, damages and costs, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees and costs, arising out of or relating to your User Contributions, violation of this Agreement or your use of the Website, including, but not limited to, any use of the Website’s content or Services other than as expressly authorized in this Agreement or your use of any information obtained from the Website.