- Except for public content on www.AdlerPedia.org: (a) the Website and the materials contained therein (including all features and functionality) may not be modified, copied, distributed, republished, downloaded, uploaded or commercially exploited in any manner without the prior written consent of the University, except that you are permitted to print or download on a single computer a copy of any of the materials on the Website for personal non-commercial use, provided no copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices are removed; (b) no intellectual property or other rights in or to the Website or its contents are transferred to you; and (c) the photographs, artwork, materials and information contained in this site are copyrighted and may not be distributed, modified, reused, reposted, or otherwise used outside the scope of normal web browsing without the express written permission of the University.
- Except as otherwise provided on www.AdlerPedia.org (“AdlerPedia”), the materials and content made available on AdlerPedia (“AdlerPedia Content”) are dedicated to the public interest. AdlerPedia Content is subject to the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0) available at http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/legalcode. Any use of AdlerPedia Content is subject to the CC BY 4.0 license and you agree to abide by such license with respect to any use of AdlerPedia Content.
- You acknowledge and agree that your relationship with the University is not a confidential, fiduciary, or other special relationship, and that your decision to submit any material to the University does not place the University in a position of trust or any position that is any different from the position held by members of the general public with regard to the material you submit. The information on the Website is provided solely for illustrative purposes and does not create any business or employment relationship.
- You agree that you will:
- not access, or attempt to access, restricted or registration-required portions of the Website by any means other than the interface provided by the University;
- not transmit, post, send, upload, distribute, submit or otherwise make available any materials or content that violate any law or that constitute false, harmful, threatening, abusive, tortious, defamatory, libelous, disparaging (including disparagement of the University), vulgar, obscene, or pornographic material or material that promotes violence, racial hatred, terrorism or illegal acts, or is otherwise objectionable (as determined by the University in its sole discretion);
- not transmit, post, send, upload, distribute, submit or otherwise make available any content that is unlawful or infringes, violates or misappropriates any patent, trademark, trade secret, publicity right, privacy right, copyright or any other intellectual property rights or any other rights of any third party;
- not interfere with or disrupt the use and enjoyment of the Website by the University or any third party;
- not transmit, post, send, upload, distribute, submit or otherwise make available any viruses, Trojan horses or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files or material that interfere with the University’s or any third party’s use and enjoyment of the Website and any other software, hardware and data;
- not impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the Website or to the University, including, without limitation, forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any transmission to the Website for any reason;
- not transmit, post, send, upload, distribute, submit or otherwise make available through the Website any personal advertising, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or offer for sale of any products or services, except in areas, if any, specifically designated for such purposes;
- not resell, frame, duplicate, reproduce or otherwise commercially exploit the Website without the prior written agreement of the University;
- not remove, obscure or alter any proprietary rights notices on the Website or any material obtained from or through the Website; and
- assume full legal responsibility for any of your edits, comments, contributions or other conduct relating to your use of the Website.
- The information presented on or through the Website is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by your or any other visitor to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents. The Website includes content provided by third parties, including materials provided by instructors, institutions of learning, other users, bloggers and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than content provided by and originally created by the University, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the University. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by third parties.
- The material on the Website, the Website itself and any services related to the Website are provided "as is" and is without warranty of any kind. The University disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including without limitation, the implied warranties of title, non-infringement, security, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, with respect to the Website and the material on the Website. The University also makes no representations or warranties as to whether the information accessible on the Website is accurate, complete or current. We may update the content on the Website from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any material on the Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material. You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Website will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT PERMIT THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOU MANY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY BY JURISDICTION. IF THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE EXCLUDED IN THEIR ENTIRETY, YOU AGREE THAT THEY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT AND SHORTEST DURATION PERMITTED BY LAW.
- The University has the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Website. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE UNIVERSITY AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS AND FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY ANY SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES. However, we cannot and do not undertake to review all material before it is posted on the Website, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications, or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
- If you believe that any materials available on the Website violate your copyright, please see our Copyright Policy for instructions on sending us a notice of copyright infringement. It is the policy of the University to terminate the user accounts of repeat infringers.
- Any cause of action or claim you may have arising out of or relating to any agreement between you and the University or the Website must be commenced within one (1) year after the cause of action accrues, otherwise, such cause of action or claim is permanently barred.
- No waiver by the University of any term or condition set forth in an agreement between you and the University shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or a waiver of any other term or condition, and a failure of the University to assert a right or provision under any such agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of an agreement between you and the University is held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be eliminated or limited to the minimum extent such that the remaining provisions of any such agreement will continue in full force and effect. All terms of the agreements between you and the University which, by their nature are intended to survive termination of their respective agreements will survive such termination, including without limitation, all ownership terms, indemnification obligations, disclaimers and limitations of liability.